Is there anything UN SDG thinking about Solomon Island?

Home Peer Review Is there anything UN SDG thinking about Solomon Island?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Annesha Kar Gupta Annesha Kar Gupta 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Annesha Kar Gupta
    Annesha Kar Gupta
    Participant

Solomon Island is an outstanding island with huge coral reserve;

60% GDP comes from forest;

Deforestation cause polluted water & animal life;

Payment of school fees are ever growing problem;

Many house roofs are prepared from tree leafs;

Still they are thinking about eco-forestation & preservation of forest;

Few visitors & few hiking is a source of earning.

My friends please share your thought with me.

Profile photo of Dagny
    Dagny
    Participant

Too many people are using the local resources. Have a birth control plan. Schools can be done by computers to cut costs.

Annesha Kar Gupta
    Participant

Fine, but using local resources is causing deforestation which is a grate cause of global warming.

Secondly, they don’t have that means to introduce schools with computer or digital technology. United Nations Foundation provide them fund to meet their livelihood. They are focusing on tourism, but not many people are attracted to visit Solomon Island.

Finally, birth control plan is a nice thing, but if one family have at least one child, & if they don’t have the means to feed them or provide education. This raising poverty which SDG wants to remove.

Solomon Island needs extreme help. I am just unable to believe the way these people are living!

Profile photo of Dagny
      Dagny
      Participant

The fact is they do not have the ability to have any children. They have over populated the island resources. In past history Island people aborted children they could not support. The morals of the UN do not fit all people in all places. They can not depend or support tourism, it pollutes the air with the transportation fuel. When is the UN going to admit over population and it can not save the world with growth?

Annesha Kar Gupta
        Participant

Well, I think this is not a solution when we are working for Sustainable Development Goals. SDG is doctrine of responsibility to save others.

Secondly, what is your authority when you are saying “The fact is they do not have the ability to have any children. They have over populated the island resources. In past history Island people aborted children they could not support.”—support your argument with primary or secondary evidence. So that we can also read them & equip ourselves to find out solution of this problem.

thirdly, The morals of the UN do not fit all people in all places. Can you provide any authority? Where UN says this? One single reference from UN? United Nation’s main aim is to save every people in the world through its key goal SDG.

Fourthly, you said “They can not depend or support tourism, it pollutes the air with the transportation fuel.”—fine, if tourism spread pollution, then we have to find other way out for that, but if tourism can help to earn their daily bread & butter, then why should we reject that? Earning for daily livelihood is essential. If pollution obstructs that, we have to think something different to prevent population. For example, solar plane or otherwise.

Finally, you said “When is the UN going to admit over population and it can not save the world with growth?”—-this will never happen. Because Scientists are aware that the sun is bigger & bigger day by day & for which the habitable zone is moving. It can kill us before this Earth become overcrowded. Scientists are trying hard to find out another habitable planet and if they failed to find so, then a day will come when science will be able to convert non-habitable zones to habitable form.

But now, we have to think for current situation. It seems you are talking contradicting with ideas of Sustainable Development Goals which I am unable to support.

Profile photo of luissega
    luissega
    Participant

Annesha, may I put some ideas?

You say, “using local resources is causing deforestation which is a grate cause of global warming”. But what if these islands renew what they take with new forestial resources?

“They don’t have the means to introduce schools with computer or digital technology”. They must have dedicated teachers to really uplift students vocations. Technology is useful, sure, but of lower usefulness. In Spain, rural schools with no technology in Center Spain held better results that urban schools in Madrid and Barcelona when measured in international grades.

Finally, birth control is absolutely necessary to end poverty. We’ve discussed it several times but not only birth control. I’m afraid in extreme cases of pain, eutanasia should stop from being a “tabu” (not to deal with death). Likewise, we should stop being so obsessed with living long lives.

Annesha Kar Gupta
      Participant

Hello Luissega,

I am very fond of reading your criticisms.

Firstly you said “But what if these islands renew what they take with new forestial resources?” Think that they are deforesting plant which ages about 150 years or more. How much a plant of 150 years old can produce oxygen? How much it can improve soil erosion? How much it can give us rain? if they pluck many plants there, that is also cannot prevent the global warming as it was prevented by a plant of 150 years old. Isn’t it?

Secondly, you said “They must have dedicated teachers to really uplift students vocations.”—-forget about Spain my dear. Spain in number 07 in progress of Sustainable Development Goals. Solomon Island don’t have that rating. They need help. Of course, they have dedicated teachers, but why they will go to school to teach? To earn money. How they will be paid? From students. If students cannot pay fees? Teacher cannot earn. If teachers wanted to give free education? They cannot earn. If teachers cannot earn? How their family will survive? Place yourself on the shoes of them & think. If you born in Solomon Island where you don’t have the means to earn your daily livelihood, how would you feel?

Thirdly, you said “birth control is absolutely necessary to end poverty”—-I hope Spain is member of European Union & signed the Charter of ECHR. Also Spain is a member of United Nation & signed UDHR. Birth control means murder a life in the womb. Murder because killing with intention to stop poverty is murder & the intention of which cannot be negate by any defence. No defence lies against murder from womb to tomb.

Finally, you said “eutanasia should stop from being a “tabu” (not to deal with death).” In Nicklson’s case European union banned euthenesia. It decided that euthenesia is against ECHR, so is illegal & banned it.

I wish you criticize me, even though criticizing cannot help us to reach at a solution which we can refer to United Nation to think about it for Solomon Island. Thank you for your time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.